Help! with internals

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I've been running froyo of the SDcard but it's been too slow for me. So I rooted the stock and for some reason after getting my account all set up with it (google) and downloading some apps, the keyboard would not appear. I tried rebooting several times and nothing worked. So I followed the stickies to return to stock. I got an SD card with cwr on it, I have the zip of nook-complete-restore1.zip, but after formating the system and data, it aborts the install of the restore zip. I've tried several times, redoing the cwr img on the card, redownloading the zip. Same error everytime. I'm freaking out. I did NOT want to get rid of the stock rom.

I figured since I was in this predicament I would try to load Nookie on the internal. That too says installation aborted. What am I doing wrong??????

ctenc001

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
as for the keyboard issue.. have you tried going into settings and choosing a different keyboard? If there are no others available, try sideloading one?

Ive never flashed the internal memory, so cant help there.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
My problem goes way beyond the keyboard at this point. Without an sd card my nook loads to the splash screen and never gets past it. Ive installed cwr but it wont install any zip files. It always says installation aborted. Ive trid the 1.01 restore file, ive tries the froyo file. Is something wrong with cwr? Did i remove something vital from thr internal memory? Ive loaded cwr from an sd card and still get thr installation abort when trying to restore with a zipfile. Ready to scream!

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI, I solved my problem, and NO OTHER solutions were working.

This is the link for my savior!

Nook Color: Recover Any Bricked Device | Maurice Mongeon

I used the quick easy method by burning the image to an SD card (follow the instructions on creating a froyo sd card for burning an SD card image)

This method worked as advertised. It was easy, brought my Nook back from the black screen of death, and was a relief. I'll post this so anyone else who borks their device can return to a nook fresh out of the box. This returned my nook to stock unrooted 1.0.1

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI, I solved my problem, and NO OTHER solutions were working.

This is the link for my savior!

Nook Color: Recover Any Bricked Device | Maurice Mongeon

I used the quick easy method by burning the image to an SD card (follow the instructions on creating a froyo sd card for burning an SD card image)

This method worked as advertised. It was easy, brought my Nook back from the black screen of death, and was a relief. I'll post this so anyone else who borks their device can return to a nook fresh out of the box. This returned my nook to stock unrooted 1.0.1

glad you got it covered. this forum has the same procedure on 2 different stickies:

restore to rooted stock (first step is actually unrooted 1.0.1)
restore to 1.1.0 stock and re-root if needed

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
glad you got it covered. this forum has the same procedure on 2 different stickies:

restore to rooted stock (first step is actually unrooted 1.0.1)
restore to 1.1.0 stock and re-root if needed

Not to disagree but i tried both of those stickies. Nothing was working for me from those stickies. This link provided an image to burn to sd and that did all the work. Uber ez and again it worked. If technically they're the same then whatever, but it was easy, it worked, and if it helps someone else that's why i posted it.

I was all over xda and nothing there was working either.

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Not to disagree but i tried both of those stickies. Nothing was working for me from those stickies. This link provided an image to burn to sd and that did all the work. Uber ez and again it worked. If technically they're the same then whatever, but it was easy, it worked, and if it helps someone else that's why i posted it.

I was all over xda and nothing there was working either.

I'm glad you found a working solution. the link seems to be down or no longer working. would have loved to see if it could become a sticky. thanks for looking out for others who may have issues restoring to stock.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad you found a working solution. the link seems to be down or no longer working. would have loved to see if it could become a sticky. thanks for looking out for others who may have issues restoring to stock.

That really sucks!

I have the image file on my mac at home. I will see if i can put it on here. Then I will post directions. It saved my book and was soooooo easy.

I also put the sd card in a case in my safe labeled nook savior in case i bork it up again :) I can always make a copy of the image on a windows machine. I dont know how tobdo that on a mac.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance