Cellular related battery usage problem on Rooted Stock?

bbasiaga

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I see on my stock rooted NC that the biggest battery user is related to celluar applications which I obviously don't need. Reading the Nookie Froyo work around thread, I see some instructions for how to remove/rename and invalidate the files that are the issue here.

Will the same work around work on the rooted stock configuration? Can I get the Root Explorer app and fix this by renaming the files that way?

Thanks,
Brian

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I see on my stock rooted NC that the biggest battery user is related to celluar applications which I obviously don't need. Reading the Nookie Froyo work around thread, I see some instructions for how to remove/rename and invalidate the files that are the issue here.

Will the same work around work on the rooted stock configuration? Can I get the Root Explorer app and fix this by renaming the files that way?

Thanks,
Brian

There is a pretty extensive thread on this over on XDA. Seems any difference is placebo effect.

techienana

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I used the workaround and evidently suffered the placebo effect. LOL! I noticed a difference in battery consumption. However, if you are using it for heavy battery consumption apps, you won't see or feel much difference.