Twitter Clients Fail to Log in w/ HC on SD

rustymccheese

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
After getting HC running on the SD card one of my first app installs was a twitter client. It worked perfectly without any problems for a day or so, then I noticed it stopped updating. I tried another twitter client and it would not allow me to log into the account. I uninstalled the original client and reinstalled it, now it fails to log in as well. I have went multiple times into my actual twitter account and changed the password and re-attempted to log in with a twitter app but they always say the account is invalid or failed. Strangely enough I can use the nook to open the twitter.com page and log in that way, but its not really optimal. Any suggestions other than wiping the card and starting over *bleh*

rustymccheese

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re installed HC on my SD card and rerooted with titaniumbackup. I installed Tweetcaster and Plume (The only twitter clients that show up on my version of the market) When I login with tweetcaster it just says login failed, however I can search for people and check trends, I just cant add my twitter account. The same results are had with Plume.

I friggin love the honeycomb system I just can figure out where I am going wrong with this. Everything I have ever tried is working fine except these twitter clients.

rustymccheese

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Grabbed another SD card and slapped honeycomb on it but did not root it, downloaded just tweetcaster from app store, same results. Failed logins. Is there another twitter client to try, it seems only plume and tweetcaster are available from the market.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Solution: don't use honeycomb. It will be buggy forever as Google will not release the source code.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Well that's not much help if we have a xoom. I found my problem as well. My time and date were off. The plume app is what finally clued me in. I fixed that and was able to log onto tweetcaster just fine.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Well that's not much help if we have a xoom. I found my problem as well. My time and date were off. The plume app is what finally clued me in. I fixed that and was able to log onto tweetcaster just fine.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

The xoom is using official source code. So it is more likely to work correctly. To sync time and date use clocksync. I have mine set to sync weekly.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

stephlmiller

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to login to tweetcaster on my Galaxy Tab 10.1. Like others, I can see trends and local tweets but cannot login to my account. Is my problem do to a sync issue as well possibly?

artcwolf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
if you ae having issues running tweetcast on a tablet that has a true versino of OC then i would contact tweetcast.

If you are running HC as a new ROM then it's probably the ROM being buggy as others have said HC ROMs are not build on the original source code.

JoeC44

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I am using a Nook Color running CM7 and Tweetcaster for me is doing the same thing. The only Twitter client working is the HTC version, and I hate it! My brother is using the same tablet running the same software and his works fine. What settings should I tweak to get it to work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674