I am running HC on my non-rooted Nook Color off of the SD card. But for the life of me I am stumped when it comes to getting the Android Market to run from the card as well. I followed techinana's list of instructions for getting apks onto the removable SD, and I was successful at using ADB to do that. Some of the steps referred to things I did not see in my own setup; as long as I accomplished adb push I felt okay. But that's where I'm stuck. I can't figure out how to get the apks - Vending.apk and GoogleServicesFramework.apk to install on the Nook. I know they're on the card because I can view them on my Mac (running Windows XP via Parallels). Is there some magical step that I'm missing? Additional files I haven't pushed? I've even tried "adb install [filename.apk]" but I assume this must only work on rooted devices. Pointers gratefully received!
    03-24-2011 02:30 PM
    I just did this yesterday. You don't install them, you push them. There are detailed instructions on nookdevs. Honeycomb Google Apps and Market - nookDevs
    03-24-2011 05:52 PM
    I just did this yesterday. You don't install them, you push them. There are detailed instructions on nookdevs. Honeycomb Google Apps and Market - nookDevs
    I guess my use of the term "install" was misleading. I did push the apks to the SD card. But after I rebooted the Nook, I don't see the Android Market or else I don't know where to look for it (I have a Nexus One so I'm not totally unfamiliar with Android). Since then I had seen the Nookdevs page you referenced and see that my adb commands were not done the same as what is given in their instructions.

I pushed each apk to /sdcard/ but that was all I did. I assumed that's all I needed to do. When I saw nothing on the Nook, I figured I needed to do some kind of installation to bring them up and have them functioning. I'll give another try, although I'm a little unclear as to whether I should have pushed to /sdcard/ or to /system/app
    03-24-2011 06:47 PM
    Thanks for the helpful nudge. I went back to the instructions at the top of the Nook Forum and was able to complete the push (and 'install') of the apks. For some reason I thought that the instructions should have referenced my sd card. Everything is up and running fine.
    03-26-2011 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD