slow browser on Nookie Froyo

dplcj

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
The nook is my first Android device and I want to thank everyone who has worked on all the how-to's and ROMs. Very clear instructions I was able to get everything loaded without problems.

I am running Nookie Froyo overclocked on a class 10 SD card. The problem I have is that when I use the stock browser or the Dolphin HD browser to look at web sites such as android central it loads about 80% then hangs up and eventually asks to wait or force close. Any ideas what might be causing this?

dplcj

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
The responsiveness otherwise is ok. Reasonable with no big lags but not exactly quick and snappy.

Interesting reading. Turns out I have the same class 10 8 gig patriot SD you listed. It was a major upgrade from the class 4 patriot I was using at first. That one was so slow it was completly unusable.

So did the class 2 Sandisk slow down anything else other than slow to burn the image?

swoozle

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
No, I have noticed no other changes from the Sandisk. I suppose it probably takes another second or two to install a program or copy a file, but it's not noticeable.

I've seen others with supposedly the same card run froyo at least semi-successfully. Makes you wonder how similar the "same" cards are. Maybe I got a cheap batch.

dplcj

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I took your advise and upgraded to a 4 gig Sandisk and and everything is running very quickly now. I started from scratch and reloaded everything but I still have the same problem with the browser. It loads slowly and then stalls at about 80% loaded and locks up everything until the Force close button appears. Any other suggestions?

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I took your advise and upgraded to a 4 gig Sandisk and and everything is running very quickly now. I started from scratch and reloaded everything but I still have the same problem with the browser. It loads slowly and then stalls at about 80% loaded and locks up everything until the Force close button appears. Any other suggestions?

I'm using a kingston class 6 and I have the same problem. Its so annoying I usually just end up using my phone to browse the web instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis