softkeys/button savior back and menu buttons on Nook Color

cb2234

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up a Nook Color today. The only problem I've had is getting softkeys work correctly.

I was unable to sign in to youtube or gmail after rooting because I can't get the menu to come up in that or any other application.

Softkeys installed by default and the buttons pop up fine, but the home button is the only one that works. I've been able to install a few apps but many are unusable without the buttons. I was unable to register on youtube or gmail because I can't get a menu to come up for either application. I've tried button savior as well and the problem is the same.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I didn't like softkeys and tried Button Savior and that worked intermittently as well. My advice FWIW: ditch em both and d/l Root Explorer and remap the volume keys to BACK and MENU. Works like a charm now for apps like YouTube. Then, if you still need quick access to volume controls download Volumer++ in the Market and volume controls will sit in the notification bar at the bottom. Enjoy! NookColor is the best tablet deal around right now...love it.

The instructions to remap the volume keys is in a thread for rooted stock work-arounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781