QUESTION: Which ROM to install?

markz68

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I have had a NC for a couple weeks now and rooted it the day I got it. Now I am contemplating buying a Class 6 MicroSD card and adding a custom ROM.

Which can be run from the SD card and which can be run from internal memory?

How large of a card do I need? Is 8 GB big enough?

Is there a comparison that shows the differences between the various ROMs?

Which is the most stable?

I want to run the most stable ROM. And since an update from B&N is forthcoming, I think I wanna run the custom ROM from the SD card so I can get back to the stock ROM quicker.

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
There's several posts on here addressing the same questions! the Class 6 8GB will work great, I've installed all of the ROMs on a Class 6 16 GB card, but I always go back to just rooted stock! I really like the stock Barnes and Noble setup even tho I read in other readers. I think it's really just a personal choice. I would love to be able stream video, but since Netflix and Amazon don't have apps there isn't a lot of point in having a newer version than the stock ROM, to me.

Enjoy! The nookColor is a great little tablet ;-)

Sniperet

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm running the CM7 Stable release from an 8 GB class 4 sdcard with no problems.

I was running it internally but went back to the stock rom because I couldn't find a decent reader app that would give me access to my Adobe Digital Editions book library, I came from a Sony reader and needed ADE to move my Epub books to the Nook.