Stock reader software in CM7

Pepperpwni

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if it is possible or going to be possible to keep the stock reader software that comes with the nook after installing CM7, or if there are any plans for this in the future. I use many of the enhanced features (reading books for kids, etc) on the stock reader but would like to get CM7 on my nook sometime soon.

IanMcB

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I think rooted stock lets you but none of the other ROMs do. You could boot and run CM7 from the SD card and just pop out the card and reboot when you want to use the stock reading app.

Pepperpwni

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.. on further thought I dont think the reading outloud is going to be such a big deal.. I've grown to really like the way the nook marketplace works and im afraid im going to lose some of that when/if I switch to CM7 and use just the nook app.. does anyone have any feedback on the nook app itself?

roberto

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If it were a .apk file, one could probably root the stock NC and use Root Explorer to copy the stock Nook reader to a SD card. Then it could be copied into CM7 (in the same location it had in the stock setup). However since it doesn't show up in the Extras menu, I doubt it is in that format and there may not be any way to invoke the reader.

I have unrooted stock on the eMMC and CM7 on a SD card which has a boot menu to allow me to choose which one to run when booting.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I briefly looked at porting the stock nook apps to the roms (froyo2.2 in this case, though I'm using CM7 now).. While there are APK files there are a number of them, I truely didn't spend much time on it but was mostly interested in the 'read for free' feature in the BN store... I'm not sure the android app provides this.

I find the BN app runs fine and pairs well with my gf reader and my thunderbolt

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz