CM7.0.2 Wifi Problem?

harryzee

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone with a NC who has updated from 7.0.0 to 7.0.2 run into wifi dropout, decreased signal strength, and d/l freezes?

If I put my original sd card with 7.0.0 back in the NC, this issue disappears.

Any thoughts???

Thanks in advance.

roberto

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone with a NC who has updated from 7.0.0 to 7.0.2 run into wifi dropout, decreased signal strength, and d/l freezes?

Any thoughts???

Thanks in advance.

I'm running nightly 54, which is probably quite similar. I find that turning wifi off and back on restores the signal strength.

harryzee

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but this still begs the question as to why 7.0.2 (stable) is exhibiting this issue while 7.0.0 (stable) does not.

Wondering if it just "me" or that 7.0.2 needs a further revision, especially since it so quickly replaced 7.0.1 (stable).

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Any thoughts???

Thanks in advance.

I actually saw the OPPOSITE issue.. I had fairly regular drop-offs with 7.0.0, and bluetooth would either not turn on or drop. Both have been better for me with 7.0.2, especially bluetooth.

...as for updates, I'm sure there will be more - I'm seeing "cell standby" and "phone idle" using way too much battery for a device that doesn't even have those features. I understand they need to built in to the kernal, but they can be realistically disabled and made to use less CPU/battery time.

harryzee

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I certainly had no issues/problems with CM7.0.0 (stable) and I stay away from nightly builds and only go with "stable", hence trying out 7.0.2.

Fortunatly, I put the 7.0.2 on a sperarate sd card and easily reverted back to 7.0.0.

I may reformat the card and try again but due to 7.0.2 so quickly replacing 7.0.1, I am going to wait a bit more and see what surfaces.

If it wasn't for wanting to retain my in-store reading capability with the NC, I would just put CM7 on internal and be done with dual booting with NC 1.2.

Will be very interested to see how the autonootered 1.2 will compare to CM7.

Love those live wallpapaers but wish I could shut down any/all phone options.

kp4c

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just started having problems myself. WiFi will take forever just to load Google, and sit on a Dropbox download for about 45 seconds before shooting up to 100% downloaded. Had no problems with 7.0.0, but 7.0.2 looks like it needs some work.

EDIT: Just flashed my backup of 7.0.0. Now the WiFi doesn't work there, either...sad day :(

Last edited:

Calma10

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Try changing your security setting on your router. WPA2-AEC has some problems with CM7. If you change it to WPA it will help a lot for the disconnect issue. let me know if it works.

sharkynolike

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I have had the exact same problem with 7.0.0 and 7.0.2. I have tried each about a dozen times, tried nightlies and always the same. Wifi will connect, I'll start downloading something, and then it will disconnect at some point (may be a minute, may be 3 or 4). Turning wifi on and off brings it back to life but only momentarily. Have no issues with Nookie Froyo or stock. I want to use the ROM quite badly but I can no longer deal with the issue and I'm probably moving back to Froyo unless a true fix is found.

Last edited:

kp4c

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have had the exact same problem with 7.0.0 and 7.0.2. I have tried each about a dozen times, tried nightlies and always the same. Wifi will connect, I'll start downloading something, and then it will disconnect at some point (may be a minute, may be 3 or 4). Turning wifi on and off brings it back to life but only momentarily. Have no issues with Nookie Froyo or stock. I want to use the ROM quite badly but I can no longer deal with the issue and I'm probably moving back to Froyo unless a true fix is found.

It's really quite sad because I've been using CM7 for about a month and a half now and this is the only major problem I've had. Everything else has been a spectacular experience.

harryzee

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Completely reformatted the sdcard (Transcend Class 6/8 Gig) and set it up again from scratch with 7.0.2 and all appears to be well!

kp4c

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I just did a Titanium Backup of my apps then did a full wipe. Re-flashed 7.0.0 and I'm still having problems. I'm starting to think that it might be my crappy ISP here at my college...

EDIT: Got connected to another random WiFi on campus and downloaded Dalingrin's test kernel, 042411, to clock it to 1.3Ghz. Went back to the dorms and now WiFi is working again. Strange...

Last edited: