Help needed with CM&/Sdcard/Win32

ricci427

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am working on following the instruction on putting CM& on an SD Card to run on my NC. I found a good video link for anyone like me who has some issues following the instructions filled with te3ch language that I'm not used to.

However, I have downloaded win32d.imager, and I get it to open. But when I go to my C-drive to look for the image file, win32 only shows folders, no files? I cant see the file, so I cant burn it?

Any help appreciated

The videolink is below

YouTube - How to Hack/Root your Nook Color - to mSD card android CM7 - Crash Tech Dummies Episode 55

ricci427

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay, maybe I'm being dumb, I think I need to run win32 as administrator, to get past the error 8 message.

But I only have one user account, it isn't password protected, and it has administrator privelage so should I be doing something else?

ricci427

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Guys thank to you both, but I'm seriously stuck at the very begining of the whole process. I don't see myself having to many issues goinG forward, but i CAN NOT get win32diskimager to Run properly.
when I use the drop down/search to look for the image file, it only displays folders, NOT FILES. Is this because of administrator priveledge? Because I am an administrator on my home machine, and i even tried this at work, still cant get the damned thing to show my files as well as folders????

HELP IM STUCK...

rswain64

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Okay, maybe I'm being dumb, I think I need to run win32 as administrator, to get past the error 8 message.

But I only have one user account, it isn't password protected, and it has administrator privelage so should I be doing something else?

Right click on the win32 icon or executable. And then select run as administrator

ndinfla

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you have the latest win 32. I had problems with an older version and error 8. Also if i might suggest, another poster made the suggestion to try the alternative method. That method is much easier use, easier to update and easier to partion. You will not be dissapionted.

ricci427

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
ok...FINALLY, got win32diskimager working.

Quick question here. the downloaded image file.

gen...rd-v1.1.img 1 KB GZ File

Should I write this file, or read it to get the
gen...rd-v1.1 311,296 kb IMG file

I wrote the .img GZ file, which took about 20 seconds, seems kind of short?