Have I bricked my Nook??

xltbob

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi AC Forums, you got me interested in the Nook, helped me root it with Froyo and try out Honeycomb on the SD card and then helped me root my Droid X with Gingerbread. Thanks for all the information that's been posted.

Now I need help with my possibly bricked Nook.

I had Froyo installed to the internal memory with the 1.1 ghz overclock kernel installed. It was running fine. One night I powered it off I plugged in the cord to charge it from AC power and it started to boot back up. During the boot process, I pressed and held the power button to shut it back off. It shut off, but it will NOT boot on internal memory.

In the meantime, I've been running Honeycomb off the SD card just fine. Once the SD card is removed, it does nothing. I've plugged it into my PC (which I have used with it many times before), but nothing happens. I press and hold the power button and windows dings that it recognizes it, but then dings again to indicate that its been disconnected.

What I have tried so far:
- Press and hold the N and power button, nothing happens.
- Burned CW bootable image and copied the 1.0.1 zip to an SD card. Through CW, I've formated the system and the /data and installed the 1.0.1 zip. Removed the SD card and selected "Reboot" in CW. It shuts off and does not power back on. Press and hold the power button, nothing happens.

I can still boot the system from the SD card, but without the SD card, it does nothing.

Am I screwed or does anyone have another process for me to try?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bob

2andFro

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I like dcullen's method as well and have used it myself. The reason I posted the XDA link was that if the OP can't get things to even start booting than he/she won't be able to interrupt the boot sequence, so may need to try some more different measures.

xltbob

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok, finally, after trying several different methods, I went through the Dummies Guide and had to apply the repartitioning zip. Now I'm back to stock.

Thank you all for the suggestions, I knew you folks would come through with an answer. Now I know and will pass along this knowledge if I see someone in the same situation.

Thanks again all!!

Bob

And on Friday I'm now rocking CM7 and overclocked on the SD. Awesome! I might have to load CM7 on the DX this weekend.

Thanks again guys!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae