is CM7 faster on internal memory or SD card boot?

droodski

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Currently runing off SD.....
I see delays im not happy with, wondering if it ran off the stock processor if it would be smoother, or if i just need to upgrade my SD card from class 2 to class 4.
thanks guys

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
It will always run faster off the internal memory. There is some debate on the speed of the various classes of SD cards. I run CM7 off a class 10 and its great, while I've read that others on this forum run it great off of class 2 or 4 cards. Seems to me that it is more a matter of luck with the card you buy.

If you want the best performance without the uncertainty and you're willing to dump the stock ROM, then root and run it off the internal memory.

jonhcox

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
OP- I have been looking at doing the same but I couldn't decide whether to install CM7 to internal eMMc or to run it from the MicroSD card. I think I'd rather run it from the internal memory.

That said, do I have first root the Nook Color to install CM7 onto the internal memory or can I just go ahead and follow the given procedures?

jonhcox

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Never mind- I am pretty certain that CM7 is pre-rooted and I'd bet that it is certainly faster. Especially with the overclock kernel.

swoozle

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh, but it does....

Currently runing off SD.....
I see delays im not happy with, wondering if it ran off the stock processor if it would be smoother, or if i just need to upgrade my SD card from class 2 to class 4.
thanks guys

What SD you use makes a big difference. See here for details:
SD Strange-results - or - How I learned to love CM7 on SD - xda-developers

I ran off of a Sandisk SDHC for quite a while very nicely after having bad experiences with other cards. I recently switched to internal and have not noticed any significant difference between emmc and the Sandisk.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
i installed cm7 on my NC this past weekend, internally, and also installed he OC kernal, etc.....and wow, this is a full blown blazing fast fully-functioning tablet!! i have both netflix and HUlu installed and they both stream flawlessly. this is what i have been waiting for from this tablet when i first bought it. unbelievable.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to install the OC kernel via ROM Manager, or is it command-line only? I went the RM route because I was playing with it at work and didn't want to bork it. But if someone could share (or link to) a way to A)Check if I am already OC'd and B) Do so in RM that would be awesome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670