Wifi drops constantly on Nook running CM7 stable

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I looked on the forum to see if there was an answer to do this, but didn't find one that matched my issue. I am running CM7 stable on SD but had this issue on the stock as well. I love CM7 except for this issue. My wifi connection drops constantly. The longest I think I have had it stay connected is about 10 minutes of use. Then it will drop and I have to go back in to settings to have it recconect. Sometimes it will drop the connection after 30 seconds of use. It is really frustrating to have to keep backing out of apps to reconnect the wifi.

I tried using Soft Locker but that hasn't worked. Does anyone have a solution they can provide? Could it be my router? Or is my nook defective?

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am not having this issue.

Wifi runs stable till the unit sleeps.... then reconnects when it awakes.

I am running the CM7 7.0.3 - encore

What version of the CM7 are you running?

Lego

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I am also running 7.0.3. I am using wefi connect and it has made the connection more stable. How do I know what kernel I have?

jeregano

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it was dropping wifi a while after the screen shut off for me too. If that is when it is doing it for you (and I see others are having the same thing) the fix is this:
go into settings
go into wireless & networks
go into Wi-fi settings
now press the menu soft key, this will bring u a menu at the bottom, select advanced
in the new menu pick wi-fi sleep policy and then you can select "when screen turns off", "never when plugged in" or just "Never".
Hope this helps.

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I actually wasn't having that problem. It was that it would disconnect when I was using it to surf or other web apps. I installed wefi and it has gotten a lot better. Thanks though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol