Just rooted and I have a few questions

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. I rooted my Nook Color yesterday; it's currently running CM7 and I absolutely love it. I've got a few questions though that I haven't been able to find answers for by searching.

1. I rolled my Nook OS back to 1.0 before rooting; would there be any benefit to upgrading the nook OS to the most recent firmware (1.2 I believe) before a root?

2. I've heard that the Nook Color can safely be overclocked to 1.1GHz. How can I safely do this? Will SetCPU work; I haven't tried it yet because I don't want to screw anything up. I tried messing with the CPU settings in the "Performance" section of the Cyanogenmod settings, but setting the maximum to anything above 800 resulted in my Nook running a bit better, but crashing every 5-10 minutes. I also used to use my nook primarily as a reader, and I'll often just get it out to read a book; how low can I underclock it (to safe battery life) while still being able to run the Nook Reader application?

3. My Nook's battery life has dropped drastically. I now have to charge it once a day versus the once a week I'd needed to charge it before rooting. I expected a drop in battery life, but is there a way for me to lessen it? What settings can I safely disable, considering that my Nook doesn't need any phone or 3g-related abilities? I've also noticed that under battery usage, display is usually listed as about 42%. I've also heard that the CM7 mod for the nook doesn't allow it to go into a full sleep mode, is there a workaround for that?

Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz