Wi-fi is turned off when device starts..

kibblenbits

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
My rooted Nook has been working perfectly until yesterday. I used adb to push a file to my Nook (an avi to my vid folder on my sd card), I turned off my nook for the night and this morning I turned it back on and the wifi was not on. I had to go to settings and then turn on wifi. Wifi was always on, this is a new problem since yesterday..

I have cm-7 nightly 72 and have not made any configuration changes in a few weeks..

Any thoughts on this?? The wifi does work once I go to settings and turn it on, but that settings does not stay once I turn the device off and then back on.. Also I have tried We-fi and that does not stay on either.

Thanks!

kibblenbits

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I didn't see your post, I would have added mine to yours..

Did your wifi work before? Did you do anything with your nook and then it stopped working? That is how it seems to have happened to me. I also don't have my nook set to auto-update.

kibblenbits

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I found the answer!! Airplane mode defaults to on. Not sure why..

But I found this on another site and did it to my nook with the terminal emulator and it fixed the problem:

Open a terminal (either directly on the nook or via "adb shell") and type the following

su
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
delete from system where name = 'airplane_mode_on';
.exit

and exit the shell again.
Now the airplane mode should be turned off completely and the wifi should again still be turned on after booting when it was turned on when shutting down.

Now my wifi is on after reboot. :)

Reactions: discombobulate