Does NOOK get the PDF Thumbs Up?

dccapo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I do not own a Nook Color, but am seriously giving thought to it. I read A LOT of PDF documents, which would primarily be my reason for getting a Nook or Tablet. My question is, how well does the Nook read PDF files (i.e how easy is it to flip from one page to another, scrolling...etc)? I will be reading up to 450-500 pages worth of PDF files a week, and I just want to make sure that A.) it's a smart investment, and B.) that reading PDF files are as easy or easier to read and operate as it is on my Thunderbolt (but with a bigger screen... of course).

Thanks in advance.

ioo

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Reading PDFs is sorta what the whole thing was designed to do (many e-books are PDF format).

A.) Thats a realy subjective question. If you need a data conection more than local wifi (ie 3g/4g from a cell provider), than the Nook is not for you. If you can live with just wifi, than nothing can compare to the Nooks price.

B.) Android is Android. If you dont like the stock Nook Reader software, root it and install whatever app you do like.

dccapo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...I understand that it's designed to read E-Books, and that's more or so why I was asking... because my PDF's aren't E-books, but documents (single pages). I saw one in Barnes & Nobel, that didn't have a PDF reader installed, and the rep wouldn't give me a definitive answer.

As far as rooting it...I'm certainly not against it, but not sure that I would want to buy one, just to root it to be able to read my PDF docs.

rydo88

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Nooks come preloaded with a version of quickoffice for reading pdfs. In my experience it works great, single page view is readable and it loads documents quickly. I usually flip my nook horizontal and hit fit to width for maximum visibility. So in short, yes it does what you want out of the box.

dccapo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I went out and purchased one today, and although, the stock pdf reader isn't what I consider to be great, the EZ PDF Reader that I downloaded is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol