Update CM7 on Sd Card

G-Man2879

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So I have CM7 running great off my Sandisk 8gb sd card. I want to update to a newer version so I can slow down the battery drain issue. Do I have to start from scratch and make a new card and lose my apps and settings or can I add a newer nightly and just update my card. I have searched several forums and just can't get the answer I'm looking for.

I tried to make a newer version on a Sandisk 16gb card I had here that I found. I formatted the card so it was clean, every time I burn the image and go to open the card in computer so I can add the next files I get an error saying the card needs to be formatted prior to using. This stuff is like fishing for us amatures, lots of patience but some times not much successs! Thanks in advance guys, it is amazing what you have accomplished with the Nook. This thing is the coolest!

ioo

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem, that windows wouldnt read the SD card after I burned the size agnostic boot image.

If you have trouble reading the SD card in windows after you burn the boot image, do this:

1. Power up your nook color WITHOUT the SD card.
2. Once its fully booted, insert the SD card.
3. Plug your nook color into your computer via usb.
4. Turn on file transfer mode.
5. Copy CM7 files to the sd card.
6. Unplug nook.
7. Reboot and leave SD card in. CM7 will then do its install.

G-Man2879

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I went to Radio Shack today and exchanged the 16gb card, I have used several sd cards lately, I really think that one was bad. I'm gonna give it a try here shortly and see what happens. Thanks for the advice, sounds like a good plan if I need it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc