Netflix on NC MN 4.5.18

harryzee

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just manual nootered 1.2 on the eMMc with mn 4.5.18.

Current Flash version is 10.1 and I need to get updated to 10.3 for the current Netflix to run properly. (Has no image and the sound is "chipmunks")

I know I saw the solution sometime ago which was to completely delete flash 10.1 and then install 10.3 as a new app, not as an update. Updating to 10.3 causes MN to go into a boot loop.

Cannot find that thread so would appreciate instructions on how to completely delete 10.1 under mn 4.5.18.

Have successfully run Netflix under both CM7.0.3 and Phiremod 6.3 so I know it works and with the latest version you no longer have to edit the bulid.prop file.

Thanks in advance.

harryzee

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just manual nootered 1.2 on the eMMc with mn 4.5.18.

Current Flash version is 10.1 and I need to get updated to 10.3 for the current Netflix to run properly. (Has no image and the sound is "chipmunks")

I know I saw the solution sometime ago which was to completely delete flash 10.1 and then install 10.3 as a new app, not as an update. Updating to 10.3 causes MN to go into a boot loop.

Cannot find that thread so would appreciate instructions on how to completely delete 10.1 under mn 4.5.18.

Have successfully run Netflix under both CM7.0.3 and Phiremod 6.3 so I know it works and with the latest version you no longer have to edit the bulid.prop file.

Thanks in advance.
Okay...remembered the solution!

D/L Titanium Backup and used that to uninstall Flash 10.1 and Netflix, rebooted and then did a fresh install of 10.3 and Netflix 1.2+.

MN now boots okay with 10.3 installed but still no picture and continuing chipmunk sound with Netflix.

I know I could easily recreate a CM7 or Phiremod 6 sd card to run Netflix but am trying to avoid that.

Any ideas???

harryzee

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay...remembered the solution!

D/L Titanium Backup and used that to uninstall Flash 10.1 and Netflix, rebooted and then did a fresh install of 10.3 and Netflix 1.2+.

MN now boots okay with 10.3 installed but still no picture and continuing chipmunk sound with Netflix.

I know I could easily recreate a CM7 or Phiremod 6 sd card to run Netflix but am trying to avoid that.

Any ideas???
Follow-up question...

One of the "solutions" to this Netflix problem referred to changing or altering the "Framework".

Have to admit to being totally clueless about what that is, how to access it, and what to do when you find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

harryzee

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
In the interim, I came across a similar situation with the new (supposedly "non-denominational") version of Netflix and MN 4.5.18.

That user put in "Vision" on the prod.mod. line and "htc" on prod.manuf. line captializing only the "V" and all lowercase for "htc" in "build.prop".

Guess what...it is working!

It makes no sense to me and I am not even going to ask "why" this time around.

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok, got past my last issue and was able to edit build.prop. Now I get perfect audio on Netflix, but no video! I'm not sure where to go from here. Anyone have any clues?

Fixed it! went into Manage Applications and cleared data and cache. All is well.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar