[HOW-TO] Download and Install CM7 to Run Off SD Card

koozi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to download the nook application from the market (free) an use it to read your books. Not the ones you bought from Barnes and Noble, but the ones you got somewhere else.
If I could have gotten the market to work I would not have been asking for help.

I did finally figure it out by using the thread over on xda that was linked in the original post. Here is what I did:

1. Follow verygreen's instructions in original post.
2. Then I setup my wireless.
3. Turned nook off and pulled sdcard.
4. Connected sd card to computer.
5. Make backup of uImage and uRamdisk
6. Renamed uRecImage to uImage and uRecRamdisk to uRamdisk
7. Downloaded the latest gapps zip file and copied it to the sd card.
8. Copied the update cm zip file that I originally used from the initial install back to the sd card.
9. Ejected card, inserted card into nook and booted up.
10. Recovery popped up and started to unzip both zip files.
11. Let it finish and then it will boot normally.
12. Once the nook boots, the initial sign pops up.
13. Skip everything until you get the normal home screen. None of the sign-in will work because it is looking for a phone signal.
14. Once you get to the home screen, make sure your wifi is still setup correctly and click on the market. Then follow the normal account setup directions.

Hope this helps someone else. It sure made me happy :D

popeye

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Read new market application-How new? I installed CM7 2 weeks ago and used latest on the site. How do I know that market is latest version? Thanks.

moshe5368

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
@popeye, believe me, if you have the new market app, there is no way you would not know, as it is totally different from any of the prior updates. Look at the thread in the OP and follow to xda to grab the apk file. I love the new layout and we now have the ability to download books from the market.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

popeye

May 27, 2011
Visit site
@popeye, believe me, if you have the new market app, there is no way you would not know, as it is totally different from any of the prior updates. Look at the thread in the OP and follow to xda to grab the apk file. I love the new layout and we now have the ability to download books from the market.

Well from some videos I have seen I have the old Market. Looks great.
Can someone please forward simple, hopefully, instructions on how to upgrade the new market app in this CM7 off SD card?
Appreciated, thanks!

dccapo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed the .132 last night. Followed the instructions (although I wish they had clarified whether or not to unzip certain files) , and was able to do this in under 15-20 mins. This is hands down, unquestionably (yes I'm pretty certain) better than the HC. The new market works great, and now shows a larger selection of apps available for my NC. Most noticeably, was how much easier it was installing Google Apps (gapps) . Honestly, with such an overall improvement over the HC to sd (in my opinion) ,why not just stickies this one at the top of the forum? I think it would save alot of headaches.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed the .132 last night. Followed the instructions (although I wish they had clarified whether or not to unzip certain files) , and was able to do this in under 15-20 mins. This is hands down, unquestionably (yes I'm pretty certain) better than the HC. The new market works great, and now shows a larger selection of apps available for my NC. Most noticeably, was how much easier it was installing Google Apps (gapps) . Honestly, with such an overall improvement over the HC to sd (in my opinion) ,why not just stickies this one at the top of the forum? I think it would save alot of headaches.

Yeah, honeycomb is not based off offical source code, it is based off an early dev preview. So it is quite buggy.

Also I added some clarification on what not to unzip.

popeye

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded it from here:

Android Market Update - kematsu.com

It is a pretty straight forward click to install setup.

Guess kind of slow-but click to what to install? Put where-click what.
I have the vending.apk from somewhere else. I transferred to the sd card and does not show up in Nook file manager and used astro file manager and does not show up there as well.
So I need better instructions, thanks.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Guess kind of slow-but click to what to install? Put where-click what.
I have the vending.apk from somewhere else. I transferred to the sd card and does not show up in Nook file manager and used astro file manager and does not show up there as well.
So I need better instructions, thanks.

Try using dropbox.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Updated the guide a little bit for people that get stuck in a boot loop with the normal instructions. I haven't tried them myself but others have reported success.

shaundiesel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Link in OP no longer works. I get 404 error when trying to get the installer. Help?

EDIT: I grabbed the installer off XDA.

Quick question though....After installing everything, what do I use to get my SD storage back?

Last edited:

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Link in OP no longer works. I get 404 error when trying to get the installer. Help?

EDIT: I grabbed the installer off XDA.

Quick question though....After installing everything, what do I use to get my SD storage back?

Ok I fixed the dead link. If it says you don't have any storage after you install. Make sure the 4th partition is taking up all of the unused space. If not use EASEUS partition master to fix.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc