Epix HD

killab

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone used the Epix movie app on their NC? I installed it, was able to run it, and then registered it but then I get the error:

Failed to register device:
ImcException: missing DRM token

Is there a way to get the missing token? Could this have something to do with the modified Flash player that I am using to watch Hulu or the modified build.prop file I used to get Netflix working?

Thank everyone!

Digitalchild

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi Killab,

I'm the director of product for EPIX and designed the app. We just released a fix to the Market yesterday morning that addresses the "missing DRM token" error you're seeing.

If you have a moment, please install the update and let me know if that eliminates the error on your NC.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.epix.epix&feature=search_result

If you have any questions or ideas please let me know!

Thanks
Josh

SkepticFirst

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Josh,

Tried the newest market version and I can log-in and see the movie selections but when I launch the movie it goes to the loading screen then hangs for a few seconds and kicks me back to the movie selection (on Nook Color running CM7 RC1). Works great on my droidx and Asus Transformer.

killab

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Josh,

Tried the newest market version and I can log-in and see the movie selections but when I launch the movie it goes to the loading screen then hangs for a few seconds and kicks me back to the movie selection (on Nook Color running CM7 RC1). Works great on my droidx and Asus Transformer.

Same here. It looks like it wants to play but then goes back to the menu. App works great on my Droid 2 BTW. Crystal clear.:)

myers7289

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Many of the customers who contact us are having trouble using the Android App to view Epix movies. Most have Android 2.2 and can now access the site, as of yesterday (thanks for Viacom's quick response to our engineering team).

The message they receive is , "Looks like our projectionist left the theatre. We've sent him a message and he'll be back soon. So for now you'll need to pick another movie." Most users seem to have a samsung product; galaxy tab, epic 4g or other device. This was happening prior to the authentication issue with us and is still continuing now. Is there any work being done on this Josh?

bornthor

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm having intermittent issues using the app on my Droid Razr Maxx. Sometimes it plays and sometimes it kicks me out like 10 seconds into the movie. Also, skipping around the movie is null. I can't go back to where I left off. Any idea of when this functionality will be in place?