Cases for the HD+

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
So I spent some time trying to find a nice case for my new Nook and with three tries I finally found an acceptable one.

My requirements are, light, thin, protective, and don't get in the way of reading.

First try was the B&N branded Groovy Stand in Storm. This case is thin light and has the magnet in the cover needed to turn on and off the screen.
- PRO: This case is thin light and has the magnet in the cover needed to turn on and off the screen.
- CON: The cover lid doesn't latch close and when folded behind for reading makes it impossible to easily hold with one hand. It's just too loose and slides around when folded back. Also, pretty expensive for what you get.
In the end this case failed because I couldn't comfortably hold the nook with my left hand, the cover lid just gets in the way, so it was returned.

Second try the Poetic branded HardBack Protective Case for Nook HD+. This is a faux leather case that clips around the nook and has a cover with a magenet to wake/sleep the nook screen.
- PRO: The case is light, covers all corners and some of the edges, provides different angles for stand viewing and looks decent. Cheap cost.
- CON: Doesn't fit correctly. When layed down and lid closed the lid stays open at about a 30 degree angle. You can force it down and clip it closed but it's then putting a lot of pressure on the left edge front bezel which in turns puts pressure on the LCD screen. Likely that after several months use it could possibly damage the screen
Because of the screen issue I had to return this, not risking that great looking screen.

Third and final try was the MoKo Slim-Fit Multi-angle Folio Cover Case. This case looks a LOT like the Poetic, but slight differences
- PRO: All the same pro's as the Poetic, slim, light, magnet, and a cover that doesn't get in the way of reading when folded back and can close easily. Cheap cost
- CON: Though it appears to be well made, some of the slightly off seaming and stiching makes it look a little cheaper on the inside. Cover latch is a little loose.
Overally since this only cost me $6 and met all my requirements, I'm keeping it. It works well, protects the Nook and I have no major complaints. Looks fine, feels fine.

bpaulien

May 13, 2011
Visit site
So I spent some time trying to find a nice case for my new Nook and with three tries I finally found an acceptable one.

My requirements are, light, thin, protective, and don't get in the way of reading.

Third and final try was the MoKo Slim-Fit Multi-angle Folio Cover Case. This case looks a LOT like the Poetic, but slight differences
- PRO: All the same pro's as the Poetic, slim, light, magnet, and a cover that doesn't get in the way of reading when folded back and can close easily. Cheap cost
- CON: Though it appears to be well made, some of the slightly off seaming and stiching makes it look a little cheaper on the inside. Cover latch is a little loose.
Overally since this only cost me $6 and met all my requirements, I'm keeping it. It works well, protects the Nook and I have no major complaints. Looks fine, feels fine.

Do you have a link for this case? Sounds like what I'm looking for.

Sent using Tapatalk HD from my Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ running CM10 on SD

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I really wanted a 360? stand for my Nook HD+. I purchased on Amazon from Crazy on Digital in a big package for under $17 (in purple). It has sleep/wake function, a strap to keep the lid closed, is light and durable, and came with a stylus, headphones, and extra car and wall chargers. Of course, the car and wall chargers aren't compatible with the Nook because of B&N proprietary hardware, but they could always be used elsewhere. Overall, since B&N charge around $50 for their swivel stands, this was a much better deal.

Amazon.com: Ionic Purple Leather Case Cover with Charger and Screen Protector for New Barnes Noble Nook HD+ 9-inch Wifi (6-item)[Does not fit Nook Tablet]: Sports & Outdoors