The Incredible Vanishing Webpage

jwillem

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Apologies in advance if this query's already been made, but I've looked high and low for anyone else with the same problem but without any luck so far.

Ok, here's the problem. I've had a Nook HD+ for a few months now without any major difficulties. Recently, however, I've noticed that webpages simply vanish for no apparent reason while I'm either reading them or trying to scroll. It started a couple of weeks ago when I was on Twitter. I'd be scrolling through someone's Twitter feed and all of a sudden the screen would go completely blank. I'd then have to press the back button and try again because the refresh button also vanishes, replaced by the cancel button (x).

Since then, the problem has spread to other websites. It even causes problems when I'm watching videos on YouTube and other websites; when this happens the videos will stop half way through and the page goes blank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as otherwise I've found using the Nook HD+ to be a fairly enjoyable experience up until now.

Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way you can clear your cache for your browser? Try settings>apps>swipe over to all apps>scroll down to your browser. Click on it, then click clear cache. Reboot. See if that helps.

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If clearing the cache doesn't help you could also try installing a third party browser like firefox and see if it has the same problems. If firefox is fine, it may be an issue where you would have to factory reset the tablet itself, or just use firefox (or other browser).