Nook Broken? Help Please

cgray715

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
General help question and if this has been posted in the past, just point me in the right direction please, and sorry if that's the case.

My NT won't turn on!? For the last, since Xmas, my wife and I have been playing and downloading with the Tab and everything has been alright. Today, three days after the unwrapping, I finally get the 32G sD card. I did not format prior to installing. I installed the card and plug the NT into our computer. Everything comes up fine. Computer sees NT... Computer sees external drive sD card. View sD card and the NT seems to have formated it. I then try to copy/paste a few videos/pictures onto her card. About 16Gs. I leave the room while it transfers.

Come back a half an hour or so later and I get an error saying that I can't copy season three over because drive "nook" isn't there. So I'm under the notion that the NT lost powe and thus disconnected. I unplug from computer and plug it into a wall outlet to charge. After an hour I still can't turn on the NT.

Is this normal? I'm barebones, no root, version 1.4.1 and have never attempted a root. Only things I could have messed up are: Not formatting the sD card first, unplugging the NT from the computer without ejecting but I wasn't able to because it wasn't there.

Wife is getting a little stressed on this one. She swears I tried to root so thanks in advance!

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
the Nook Tablet isn't getting much attention in these threads now, I've noticed :-(

I've had NookColors and now I have a tablet. I've had problems with mine not turning on when it lost enough battery. A few times I had to let it charge quite awhile, more than an hour before it came on. I'm fairly sure if you let your Nook charge long enough if will come back on for you. I just kept trying. Once I even charged it overnight and it wouldn't start. I took it to work plugged it in and kept trying, it did come on and ran fine after that! Hopefully that's the problem.

Maybe there are just too many android devices out ther for everyone to keep up with these days?!

cbill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Cgray: Your comments are not very clear. Are you saying you removed the MicroSD, charged the NT, then, with no card in it, it will not boot? Did you let it charge overnight?, Are you sure it is charging, if so, how did you check? Do you know how to do a factory reset? If not google it. That info is available on the B\N site.

It sounds like a low battery problem, but if not, system restore or factory reset may be necessary. Once all is ironed out, you may want to try loading your files to your Micro SD by using a USB micro card adapter that plugs directly into a computer USB port. This would eliminate the possibility of any effect on your tablet.

Hope things work out for you!