Help with rooted 1.4.2

chadilac462

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my 8gb Nook Tablet a little while ago using the sd card method and haven't had time to fully "play" with it since. When I try to move my android apps to the sd card, they'll move but when i try to open the app i get an error message stating something like "app cannot be accessed'. Any suggestions?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I did the sd card method.
I don't think apps can be run off the sd card when rooted but am not sure.
I will put one on the sd card tonight and see.
I have all my movies, etc. on the sd card without issue.

Reactions: chadilac462

chadilac462

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What about getting 3rd party apps to work? It seems whenever you check the box to allow them and then go back in, the box is unchecked. Kind of frustrating because I'm trying to gain root explorer access so I can work on making some mods. It's hard to find help with 1.4.2 since most people bought the device before this annoying update. Thanks!

chadilac462

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I got it figured out after lots of searching. There is a free app on the market called "nt hidden settings" (requires root). In with the settings the dev added a hack to allow 3rd party apps and to disable auto updates. I had to play around with the 3rd party hack for a while; i.e. pressing the button, waiting, trying to load an app. I couldn't get it to work until i tried rebooting and hitting the button a couple of times. Great tool, but requires a little patience to get working. Just thought I'd share for anyone else with the same issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar