Kindle fire vs 8gb nook tablet

acam333

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am looking into buying a tablet under $180 and my two best choices are the nook tablet and the kindle fire. I have been comparing the two and am not sure which to get. I would like to get some opinions from people who own either device. Here is a comparison of the pros and cons of each device that I have made-
Nook tablet vs Kindle fire

-------------------------------------

-Nook tablet - $154.99 with $25 discount included with barnes and noble rewards membership ($179.99 otherwise)

Pros-

-Better quality, brighter, more responsive screen

-Micro SD card slot

-Able to be safely turned into a full android tablet without voiding warrantee with an androidfornook micro SD card ($19.99) which allows you to choose when you turn on your nook whether you want to boot it up into the nook os or android 2.3.7

-Cheaper by $5 (with barnes and noble membership which I have)

-More customizable

-Better battery life

-Strong if dropped, screen won't easily break or get scratched

Cons-

-Less apps available

-Must purchase music from another place, only apps, movies, books, and magazines are available in the nook store

-Slightly slower processor than kindle (1GHz dual core compared to 1.2GHz dual core)

-------------------------------------

-Kindle fire - $159.99 + additional $15 if ads are removed

Pros-

-Lots of apps available

-Slightly faster processor than nook (1.2GHz dual core compared to 1GHz dual core)

-Can purchase songs, movies, books, magazines, and apps from amazon, compared to only apps, movies, books, and magazines from nook store

Cons-

-Less bright, not as good picture quality

-Worse battery life

-not as customizable

-ads which to get rid of you have to pay $15

-Only 8GB, no SD card slot

-Cannot be safely turned into a full android tablet and if any attempt is made to turn into a full android tablet then the warrantee is voided

-more expensive by $5 not counting the $15 needed to remove ads

-not as strong as nook when dropped, screen will shatter if dropped onto a hard surface

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad