Why is my battery life draining so fast? (gpio_kp wakelock)

Luka Sinobad

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Greetings,

since couple of weeks ago my battery life has been exhausted, with minimal usage on my ZTE Blade G i dont get more than approx 16 hours of battery life. I studied what could possibly be the case, so i started with programs like GSAM battery, betterbatterystats and such, and there I learned a lot about wakelocks. Since the beginning of my quest to determine and fix this problem there was a certain wakelock called "gpio_kp". This wakelock uses my CPU approx 95% of the time, and make my device 100% awake, all time, which destroys my battery life. I tried everything from tweeking certain apps, settings, removing and reinstaling applications, I even installed another stock ROM, wakelock detector, even app called "Unbounce" that requires xposed but there i couldnt find "gpio_kp" wakelock. So i unbounced a lot of wakelocks but still "gpio_kp" remained.

Atm as i write this to you, completely helpless, craving for salvation my Betterbatterystats shows this on Kernel wakelocks:

"gpio_kp" 2h 46m 31 s Cnt: (c/wc/ec)0/0/0 98.5%
"powermanagerservice" 1m 24s Cnt: (c/wc/ec)494/0/0 0.8%

as u can see gpio_kp uses almost 100% time of the cpu... while second on the list is only 0.8%.. Looking forward to some answers and solution, i googled a lot about this, and didnt find any solutions, maybe this could be ground braking android wise.