Why is my battery suddenly draining too fast?-screenshot_2014-10-31-22-21-27.png Greetings. I am currently using Sony Xperia SL which i bought a year ago. Everything was okay until 2 days ago. My phone battery suddenly drain faster than it should be. Before this, after fully-charged, with normal text messaging/chatting and calling, my phone could easily last for 2-3 days (with mobile data on). But all of a sudden the battery performance plummeted at a ridiculous rate. Now, with full-charge, my phone could hardly make it for half a day. (9-12 hours max). I have already tried restarting my phone, clearing cache, uninstalling applications which could cause the problem, but all to no avail. After doing some digging, i found out that the screen consumed the most of my battery. So, I tried lowering the screen brightness, and switch to a simple and dark wallpaper( which i believed will consume less power). But it doesnt work, the battery usage still indicate that the screen is consuming the most power. As you can see in the image, the screen process drains the most juice out of my phone, even after i set the brightness to lowest, the problem still here, Battery would still die within hours.. Please help if u know how to fix this, and sorry for the trouble >_<
    10-31-2014 09:57 AM
    GSam Battery Monitor
    GSam Labs - October 30, 2014
    Tools

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...labs.bbm&hl=en
    10-31-2014 10:42 AM
    Go to Settings>Developer options>scroll down to apps section and touch the limit background processes and set it to no background processes
    10-31-2014 10:47 AM
    Thanks for replying Gekko, i tried installing the application, GSam Battery Monitor, but the problem still there. I am pretty sure the culprit behind the insane battery drainage is the phone screen process. Even after i check the battery usage through GSam Battery Monitor, the statistic indicates that my phone screen uses 67.3% of the battery. I have already set the screen brightness as low as possible and use dark wallpaper. But the screen still consume the most battery. Is there any method on how to fix this? Why is my battery suddenly draining too fast?-screenshot_2014-11-01-00-11-05.png
    10-31-2014 11:19 AM
    Thanks for replying Gekko, i tried installing the application, GSam Battery Monitor, but the problem still there. I am pretty sure the culprit behind the insane battery drainage is the phone screen process. Even after i check the battery usage through GSam Battery Monitor, the statistic indicates that my phone screen uses 67.3% of the battery. I have already set the screen brightness as low as possible and use dark wallpaper. But the screen still consume the most battery. Is there any method on how to fix this?

Why is my battery suddenly draining too fast?-screenshot_2014-11-01-00-11-05.png
    10-31-2014 11:30 AM
    Go to Settings>Developer options>scroll down to apps section and touch the limit background processes and set it to no background processes
    Thanks for replying Bhushan. I tried your method, but still not working. my battery life still goes down at a fast rate. I believe the problem is due to the screen process. I already set the screen brightness to the lowest possible. But the battery usage still indicates taht my phone screen uses the most battery.. any idea on how to fix this?

Why is my battery suddenly draining too fast?-screenshot_2014-11-01-00-11-05.png
    10-31-2014 11:34 AM
    Thanks for replying Gekko, i tried installing the application, GSam Battery Monitor, but the problem still there. I am pretty sure the culprit behind the insane battery drainage is the phone screen process. Even after i check the battery usage through GSam Battery Monitor, the statistic indicates that my phone screen uses 67.3% of the battery. I have already set the screen brightness as low as possible and use dark wallpaper. But the screen still consume the most battery. Is there any method on how to fix this?

10-31-2014 11:39 AM