I got a Samsung S4 from Singapore (from starhub, a phone service provider) and brought it back with me to US.

When I first charged it, no problem at all and I even use the camera. When the battery was drained, I didn't charge it and left it in the box for a few weeks.

Today, I tried charging it but the screen was blank, nothing happened and there's no green light to signal it was being charged. Charged it for another hour but still nothing. There was no "grey symbol" I heard some ppl mentioned, just blank.

Tried a different charger, charging on my laptop, remove battery, clean the usb port but still nothing.

I am currently using a Samsung Note 2 from Malaysia and its working fine

Help??
    11-15-2014 01:11 AM
    Lithium batteries self-discharge. So you drained it to almost nothing, then left it sitting until it self-discharged past the safety point, and now it's useless. Replace the battery. In the future, charge at the 40%-60% point (try to never let it get below 30%, and that only rarely) and if you're going to store it for a while, store it outside the phone (leaving it in the phone uses some charge in addition to the self-discharge) with about 40% charge on it - and check it every few months.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-15-2014 01:52 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The battery is probably irreversibly dead. If you let a lithium battery discharge completely, it can't be charged up again. When the phone shuts off, the battery still has a little charge left--but if you don't charge it up soon afterwards, the battery will keep discharging slowly. If you left it uncharged for a few weeks, it most likely died during that period.

Get a new battery--that ought to work. And read up on proper care of batteries: Basic to Advanced Battery Information from Battery University
    11-15-2014 01:53 AM
    Thank you guys. Another question, since this phone is from Asia, and I'm in the States now. If I buy a new battery in the US, will it work on my phone from Asia? I don't want to waste money buying it and it end up not working.
    11-16-2014 04:40 PM
    The battery ought to be the same among all S4's. If you want to be sure, you could see if any of your friends have an S4 as well (since they're still pretty common), and ask to borrow their battery for a minute.
    11-17-2014 12:54 PM