Recently, Motorola replaced (without fuss) my Droid MAXX and, in the course of getting the re-furb replacement all set up the way I like, I noticed that the battery charge meter jumped from 95% to 100% in a flash (spare me the lectures about not fully charging the battery). Thinking that this might be a sign of the meter and the battery no longer being in sync re: calibration (so sayeth many battery experts) and not knowing any of the story of this phone's re-furb, I thought maybe I should take it through the full discharge in order to re-set all that.

As it ticked down through the single digits, it hung on to that last 1% for a long time. I was able to read tweets, send texts, play games...that last 1% took awhile. And (rightly or wrongly) I interpreted that as another sign that the meter and the battery software were out of whack.

I just finished the re-charge and this time it was different. This time, instead of jumping from 95% to 100% it got all the way to a displayed 96% before leaping immediately to 100%. [SARCASM OFF]

So is there something in either 4.4.4 or this Motorola phone that just makes battery meter accuracy a phantom?
    12-23-2014 07:00 PM
    Recently, Motorola replaced (without fuss) my Droid MAXX and, in the course of getting the re-furb replacement all set up the way I like, I noticed that the battery charge meter jumped from 95% to 100% in a flash (spare me the lectures about not fully charging the battery). Thinking that this might be a sign of the meter and the battery no longer being in sync re: calibration (so sayeth many battery experts) and not knowing any of the story of this phone's re-furb, I thought maybe I should take it through the full discharge in order to re-set all that.

As it ticked down through the single digits, it hung on to that last 1% for a long time. I was able to read tweets, send texts, play games...that last 1% took awhile. And (rightly or wrongly) I interpreted that as another sign that the meter and the battery software were out of whack.

I just finished the re-charge and this time it was different. This time, instead of jumping from 95% to 100% it got all the way to a displayed 96% before leaping immediately to 100%. [SARCASM OFF]

So is there something in either 4.4.4 or this Motorola phone that just makes battery meter accuracy a phantom?
    When you got the refurbished unit, did you perform a factory reset before setting up your account? If not, then consider doing it now and see if that fixes your battery issue. If it doesn't, then I'd suggest another call to Moto for a replacement.
    12-23-2014 07:41 PM