Hi,
    In the last couple of days my battery has been draining extremely quickly on my S5, which is only about 6 months old. It's 10:30am and it is already down to 30% after a full charge overnight. It is also really hot, and charges extremely slow.

I have tried searching around but I can't seem to find concrete solution.

I have no SD card, and I have tried "clear data, force stop, and reboot", but it does not seem to have much impact.

Any suggestions?
    If it is a corrupt media file, what do I do then?
    Cheers
    01-27-2015 08:43 PM
    Welcome to the forums. I would start by copying all media files like music and pictures/videos, and then delete them off your device. See if that helps.

Other than that, you can try to pull the battery for a little bit, like about 10 minutes.
    B. Diddy and ArtVandelay88 like this.
    01-27-2015 09:17 PM
    I agree with Golfdriver97--any one of the media files on your Internal Storage could be corrupt. Since I don't think you can run chkdsk on the phone's internal storage, your best bet is to back all of that data up, then delete it all.
    ArtVandelay88 likes this.
    01-27-2015 09:18 PM
    Welcome to the forums. I would start by copying all media files like music and pictures/videos, and then delete them off your device. See if that helps.

Other than that, you can try to pull the battery for a little bit, like about 10 minutes.
    Thanks for the quick replies.

Once I've done that, can I put all my photos back on or will the same problem arise?
    01-27-2015 09:19 PM
    Thanks for the quick replies.

Once I've done that, can I put all my photos back on or will the same problem arise?
    In a short answer, I wouldn't.
    ArtVandelay88 likes this.
    01-27-2015 09:23 PM
    In a short answer, I wouldn't.
    Ok well I copied my photos over, but it didn't copy them all. They are still on my phone but not under phone > pictures... Can't seem to find the Facebook album. Also can't seem to find the "camera" photos.

Also Is there a quick way to just delete everything from the phone without doing a reset
    01-28-2015 12:12 AM
    The Facebook album is probably in the cloud, rather than saved locally. Photos taken by the camera are usually in the /DCIM/Camera folder.

The easiest way to mass-delete would be to do it from Windows Explorer while connected via USB.
    01-28-2015 12:54 AM
    The Facebook album is probably in the cloud, rather than saved locally. Photos taken by the camera are usually in the /DCIM/Camera folder.

The easiest way to mass-delete would be to do it from Windows Explorer while connected via USB.
    Cheers.

Ok well now media server is gone, there's something called ".com.android.chrome.sandboxed" that is above 30%, and now also "android system" and "android OS" are both draining the battery big time.

How can I fix these?
    Cheers
    01-28-2015 06:35 PM
    Remember that the percentages are only relative usage. The more important question is what kind of overall battery life you're getting. It is not uncommon for Android System to use 20-30% of the total battery usage, since something has to run the system.
    01-28-2015 06:43 PM