Why is the battery life draining so fast? Really stuck and fed up.

doddy1000

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 about three months ago. All was working fine until last week when the battery started draining really fast. I didn't install any new apps at all. It did tell me that MediaServer was running quite a lot, although I hardly play music from my phone. Anyway, I decided to do a factory reset and deleted all of my information, music and apps on my SD card in case of a corrupt file. This didn't work. My battery wasn't even lasting 8 hours.

I read into this some more and reset the cache partition. I found this worked slightly, although it still wouldn't last up to 9 hours. Since then, I have installed battery doctor. Once again, this is a slight improvement but it still doesn't get me to 10 hours. The phone is still rooted and I don't want to change this for warranty purposes. I have reduced the screen lighting to -3 to try and save battery, but again, this has failed.

When I load up the battery manager, it tells me the following:

Screen: 25%
Android System: 25%
Facebook: 14%
Android OS: 14%
Cell Standby: 5%
Wi-Fi: 3%
Messenger: 3%
com.android.systemui: 2%
Mediaserver: 2%

I use facebook occasionally, but even so, I don't want to stop using the apps that I bought the phone for.

Any help would be really appreciated. I have purchased another battery which is on the way, but I am worried that it is something within the phone itself which is causing this problem.

Any ideas would be extremely appreciated.

Kind regards,
Adam

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the delay in answering your question, but if you have an SD card, try this: power down your phone, pull the card out, and reboot. Go without the card for a day and see if that helps.

From an AOSP M8

doddy1000

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I literally tried that just before your post and it's a massive improvement! It is normal again! I assume the sd card is corrupt. Thanks for the advice. Really appreciate. It confirms for me what I did. Thanks again :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463