Why is my battery charging so slow?

luizjun

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes the battery will charge just fine (1% every minute), but most of times it will charge very slowly (1% every 10 minutes). Because of this, I keep connecting and disconecting the adaptor from the wall until it starts charging faster (not always succesful).

I've tested it at home, at work, with different cables and adaptors, Samsung ones and cheap ones, it happens the same way.

What should i do to solve this problem? Thanks for the attention.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The initial few seconds may be faster, but the amount of actual charge is the amount of current the phone is designed to draw minus the amount of current the phone is currently using. Charge it with the phone off, and if it doesn't always charge at about the same rate, the battery is at end of life (which can happen as soon as 6 months if it's mistreated). Run a game that uses a lot of current, with the screen brightness turned all the way up, and a weal mobile data signal, and it can take 24 hours to charge a good battery. Read Is My Battery Shot?

luizjun

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I forgot to mention that I've tested with the smartphone on and off, with the same results.

The text linked has valuable information that I didn't know. The battery is 2 years old and very mistreated, although it worked fine until 2 weeks ago. I'll buy another one and come back here to tell how it worked. Thanks a lot.

luizjun

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the answers.

I've found the problem. It is the microusb port in the phone that is damaged.

I've managed to find a temporary solution also. I pressed the center of an old micro usb cable conector with pliers, making it more narrow. It is temporary because i know i'll have to press it again once in a while, making sure its tight enough.