03-12-2015 09:35 PM
40 12
tools
    It is so close between the two phones for me that the battery life reviews will be the complete decider
    03-10-2015 02:24 PM
    It is so close between the two phones for me that the battery life reviews will be the complete decider
    I say this jokingly, but if it turns out that the battery life for those two is within about 5 mins of each other, I think you'll have to flip a coin.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Alex_NJ likes this.
    03-10-2015 02:33 PM
    hehe, then it will simply come down to price.

So it would be the HTC M9.

I am so torn to the extent where every time I read someone slag off the M9 I choose the S6, if they slag off the S6 I'm back to the M9
    03-10-2015 02:37 PM
    HTC needs to figure out a way to get something revolutionary going. In the battery department, if they can figure out a way to allow easily removable battery with a metal chassis, that would be very attractive.
    03-10-2015 05:27 PM
    hehe, then it will simply come down to price.

So it would be the HTC M9.

I am so torn to the extent where every time I read someone slag off the M9 I choose the S6, if they slag off the S6 I'm back to the M9

That should make your choice easy because the "slag" as you call it, ratio has got to be 25-1 in favor of the m9.
    03-10-2015 06:12 PM
    slag must be a UK term lol

I feel like a lot of the Samsung hate is still a little overspill from previous models. Especially regarding the bloatware.

I'm kind of sitting here checking the news every couple of hours for more info. But realistically I'm just going to have to sit tight for the credible reviews to come in
    03-10-2015 06:41 PM
    My suspicion is it'll be close for the battery performance. They seem like they will both be very good phones. The most amusing thing to me is how all the Samsung fans so passionately boasted about removal batteries and SD cards and now, it's perfectly acceptable to have niether. lol
    bigrey81 likes this.
    03-10-2015 08:12 PM
    I'll be switching to the m9 from an 1800mah BlackBerry Z10. I will welcome this battery with open arms!

Posted via Android Central App
    03-10-2015 08:42 PM
    My suspicion is it'll be close for the battery performance. They seem like they will both be very good phones. The most amusing thing to me is how all the Samsung fans so passionately boasted about removal batteries and SD cards and now, it's perfectly acceptable to have niether. lol
    I don't think it's acceptable, at least not the removable battery, I can handle no SD card since there's much more memory. I don't really have much choice though. Only other flagship that might still have it is the G4 and there won't be near as many accessories for it, plus it'll be using the SD810 which is inferior to the Exynos and it won't have MST. So although I hate the fact that the removable battery is gone, there's more than likely not another device that'll offer me as much as the S6.
    03-10-2015 09:59 PM
    he he he.. it's going to be a stiff competition between the two, M9 vs S6 battery but if we're going to base it on previous models -M8 vs S5, there's a bigger possibility, it's going to be S6.
    03-11-2015 03:19 AM
    I don't think it's acceptable, at least not the removable battery, I can handle no SD card since there's much more memory. I don't really have much choice though. Only other flagship that might still have it is the G4 and there won't be near as many accessories for it, plus it'll be using the SD810 which is inferior to the Exynos and it won't have MST. So although I hate the fact that the removable battery is gone, there's more than likely not another device that'll offer me as much as the S6.
    Do you have proof that the SD810 in inferior to the Exynos?

Posted via Android Central App
    03-11-2015 09:25 AM
    Okay, I have to admit that I have not read all of the reviews/first impressions for these two devices.

However, I can say that I currently have (and use) both the M8 and the S5: M8 is my personal phone, the S5 is my work phone. I do not use my S5 very often, MAYBE 10 minutes of screen-on time per day (mostly checking emails or taking pictures to remember things). A full charge on my S5 gets me through 3-4 days, with 99.99% of that time being screen-off (and also no real app usage aside from email and camera/gallery).

For my M8, I have never gotten below 30% on my battery during a full day of use. I frequently check facebook, texts, gmail, stream music via bluetooth to my car's radio, play games, etc. I unplug the charger at about 7:15AM every day and do not charge again until ~10PM at night. I have wifi on all day (connected at work and at home). Typically, I have ~60% battery left after a full day (~2 hours of streaming music to my car radio and another 2-3 hours screen-on time).

For me, I'm not considering upgrading to either the M9 or the S6. I like both of my current devices. They work perfectly for what I need them for. However, if I had to choose between the two for personal preference, I would not hesitate to pick my M8. I love the Sense interface (minus Blinkfeed). I love the screen size and device size - the S5 really is too big for me. I love the solid aluminum construction, even without a removable battery. The M8 has been perfect for me and aside from a few minor complaints that honestly aren't even worth listing, I can't think of how this phone could be any better. The M9, with a larger battery and more power-efficient CPU should be better than the M8 in battery life, but that's never been an issue for me to begin with.

TL;DR version: S5 has good battery. M8 more than gets me through the day. I prefer the M8 over the S5 and would choose the M9 over the S6.
    03-11-2015 11:14 AM
    Isn't that the truth it's like what happened ? They were like well my phone is water proof and we have an ad card I could swap out my battery once Samsung removed them all they are like it's okay we didn't need that any way. Whatever subliminal messaging or hypnosis Samsung has HTC could sure use some of that Lmbo

Posted via the Android Central App
    Charles Hinkle likes this.
    03-11-2015 03:49 PM
    My suspicion is it'll be close for the battery performance.
    How is that possible when the S5 beat the M8 like a red head step child in regard to battery performance? Especially since Samsung skimmed down Touchwiz and the M9 only has a 10% battery increase.
    03-11-2015 04:44 PM
    This is the weakness of most android devices, the battery life. I really hoped to see a tangible data on the endurance of this new flagship by Sammy. My phone usually last 3-4 days.I can't say it's true for everyone because it's user dependent. But in any case, what works for me is to charge the phone fully, before using it and not using while charging. Battery last longer when charged properly and for unexpected situation, I always carry an extra battery.
    03-12-2015 09:35 PM
40 12