After a month my Samsung Galaxy S6 battery life sucks! No where as good as the S3 I had. Did I just get a dud?

A

AC Question

After a month my Samsung Galaxy S6 battery life sucks! No where as good as the S3 I had.

I make sure apps are closed when not in use, and even power saving modes don't seem to help. I don't use my phone a lot, but half way through the day it needs to be recharged. Did I get a dud?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: After a month my Samsung Galaxy S6 battery life sucks! No where as good as the S3 I had.

Welcome to Android Central! Are you using a "battery saver" app that automatically closes apps? If so, stop using it, since it might actually contribute to battery drain. Android prefers to keep RAM relatively full of open apps, and if you or some other app is constantly closing apps, those apps will just reopen soon after, all of which takes battery.

Seeing some battery stats would also help. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Enahmir

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: After a month my Samsung Galaxy S6 battery life sucks! No where as good as the S3 I had.

And what if you normal charge instead of fast charge?

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site

i dont think it matters. i "normal" charge it and the battery life is still meh

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site

What battery life are you getting? I've had my S6 for almost 2 months now and agree that the battery life is pretty bad. I average 12-14 hours on battery with 2.5-3.5 hours of Screen on Time. I have suffered with "Cell Standby" drain which you can see under your battery stats if you have it too.

Enahmir

May 9, 2015
Visit site

I did shut down google now...really no problems here.