Why does my battery drain so quickly with S Plus?

advicement

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
S Plus huge issue

Ok guys so , my S Plus had some issues with the battery ( at least I thought so ) meaning , that it would not charge. Now that I got a new battery , it drains really fast and the phone is always hot (40-45C on idle) . And it drains and stays hot on both batteries...What issue could it be ?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: S Plus huge issue

Ok guys so , my S Plus had some issues with the battery ( at least I thought so ) meaning , that it would not charge. Now that I got a new battery , it drains really fast and the phone is always hot (40-45C on idle) . And it drains and stays hot on both batteries...What issue could it be ?

Welcome to Android Central!

Do you have an app running that takes up a lot of processes?

advicement

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for answering !

No , I don't. I re flashed the software with Odin , factory reset a couple of times but the same result...It charges really slow (even with phone turned off) and really hot...It drains like 5% per 12 minutes of just being in standby with screen turned off.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for answering !

No , I don't. I re flashed the software with Odin , factory reset a couple of times but the same result...It charges really slow (even with phone turned off) and really hot...It drains like 5% per 12 minutes of just being in standby with screen turned off.

Is the new battery a OEM one or is it aftermarket?

advicement

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site

Well I don't know what OEM means , but the battery is a Gallop 1500MAh i9000 ( for the S1 ) and it is compatible , but it does the same thing on the old battery and the new one...

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Well I don't know what OEM means , but the battery is a Gallop 1500MAh i9000 ( for the S1 ) and it is compatible , but it does the same thing on the old battery and the new one...

OEM is basically a battery from the manufacture. Can you post your battery stats?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae