Galaxy S4 stopped charging for no reason until I reboot my phone?

jmart41

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy s4 stopped charging for no reason until I reboot my phone.

I have a galaxy s4 that has been rooted for approximately two years and I have made no recent changes to it prior to this problem. The problem I'm having is as I start charging my phone it will recognize that I plugged in the charger and then at random intervals it stops charging with no error messages displayed.

I have tried reinstalling my rom from a backup reinstalling a new ROM I'm currently running a lollipop, doing a complete factory reset, wiping the dalvik cache.

This problem occurs no matter which charger I am using I have tried wall chargers, car chargers, computer chargers, and all of them seem to work temporarily however stop charging at random intervals. Sometimes the phone only charges for a few minutes before I need to reboot and other times I can go several days without needing to reboot.

Any suggestions on solving this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

jmart41

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s4 stopped charging for no reason until I reboot my phone.

I just ordered a new charging port, i'll post back after I get it to see if it works or not. Thanks for the suggestion.

josiahlikesminecraft

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s4 stopped charging for no reason until I reboot my phone.

I just ordered a new charging port, i'll post back after I get it to see if it works or not. Thanks for the suggestion.

If that doesn't work I would get an external charger. They work great and are very cheap.

Posted via the Android Central App