I have a galaxy s4 that has been rooted for approximately two years and I have made no recent changes to it prior to this problem. The problem I'm having is as I start charging my phone it will recognize that I plugged in the charger and then at random intervals it stops charging with no error messages displayed.

I have tried reinstalling my rom from a backup reinstalling a new ROM I'm currently running a lollipop, doing a complete factory reset, wiping the dalvik cache.

This problem occurs no matter which charger I am using I have tried wall chargers, car chargers, computer chargers, and all of them seem to work temporarily however stop charging at random intervals. Sometimes the phone only charges for a few minutes before I need to reboot and other times I can go several days without needing to reboot.

Any suggestions on solving this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    07-09-2015 07:23 PM
    Possibly a faulty chargeport.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-09-2015 07:42 PM
    I just ordered a new charging port, i'll post back after I get it to see if it works or not. Thanks for the suggestion.
    07-10-2015 02:36 PM
    I just ordered a new charging port, i'll post back after I get it to see if it works or not. Thanks for the suggestion.
    If that doesn't work I would get an external charger. They work great and are very cheap.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-11-2015 11:39 PM