Battery charging icon doesn't go away, why?

A

AC Question

Battery charging icon doesn't not go away

Galaxy Alpha - I charged the phone last night on (what I didn't know was) a faulty charger, and now the battery randomly seems to charge (or says it is) even when the phone is not connected to a charger. I've switched batteries and still get the same "charging" message on the battery icon.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Battery charging icon comes on when charger is not connected

Galaxy Alpha - I charged the phone last night on (what I didn't know was) a faulty charger, and now the battery randomly seems to charge (or says it is) even when the phone is not connected to a charger. I've switched batteries and still get the same "charging" message on the battery icon.
Try clearing the cache of the device and see if that fixes your problem. Let us know if it does, or if the problem persists.

Jan Wall

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site

No, clearing the cache didn't help. It seems to be a battery problem, because when I put the original Samsung battery back in, it operates as usual. Sometimes the generic knock-offs are okay, but I will stick with the Samsung batteries from now on.

Jan Wall

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site

Back to the drawing board. Now the phone is acting the same with the Samsung battery.

This is what happens: phone behaves normally for about 10-15 seconds then starts charging (for about 10 seconds), even though it is not attached to a charger. When the "charge" cycle starts, the screen turns on or interrupts whatever I am doing. This drains the battery very quickly, not to mention the aggravation having constant interruptions. Any ideas are welcome!

Last edited: