My battery life has gone bad, even after reset and new batteries. Can somebody help me?

Jose Mojica

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
My battery life has gone bad, even after reset and new batteries

I have a galaxy note 3, a few months ago I updated to lollipop and everything was working great until one day my battery died much faster than before (even before the update, I have never had problems with the battery of this phone). Then I did a factory reset and nothing happens, then I bought 2 new batteries and still the same. When I go to the battery settings after a few minutes of a full charge the battery is drained like 10% but in the apps below I only see that the screen and os have used only 5%. Other thing that I noticed is that when the battery is fully charge the approximately time left is 8 hours, and I check my wife phone (note 4) and it's says 17 hours left and the phone is like 85%.

Can somebody help me? I don't know what else to do. Thanks in advance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My battery life has gone bad, even after reset and new batteries

1) The 5% that the screen has used isn't 5% of the battery capacity, it's 5% of the amount that's been drawn. Same with the OS.

2) I suspect a hardware problem, probably on the motherboard (which would mean a motherboard replacement, unless you have insurance and having the phone replaced is cheaper).