I've been charging my galaxy s3 with a usb cable for a while now. One night I dropped the charger but everything seemed fine so I let it go. I'm pretty clumsy so I drop it often. However, in the morning I noticed that the phone was charging really slow, like 5% in an hour. My sister gave me her charger and it slightly improved. It was still charging incredibly slow but faster than before. I left it to charge overnight and it was 100% in the morning. But the battery drained in maximum an hour. Ever since I hardly touched it and I mostly had it plugged in and charging. I used my old usb cable again tonight and for some reason it started charging a little bit faster. But then I received some messages. I expected it to stop charging and start losing battery life becausd that's what it has done for the past days. From 34% it went to 35%. I opened a game and it started to lose battery life. I now have 12% and I haven't unplugged since I had 34%. I've heard that I shouldn't use my phone while charging it but I've always used it and it's the first time that I'm having problems.
    I really don't know what to do. I'm not good at this. I thought that it might be the baterry since both chargers didn't do much. Or could it be because of my charging port? Please help me.
    09-07-2015 04:32 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It sounds more like a battery issue. The dropped charger might have been coincidental. Try a new battery.
    09-08-2015 02:45 AM