How can I stop my battery life from draining?

A

AC Question

Battery life draining

I've been charging my galaxy s3 with a usb cable for a while now. One night I dropped the charger but everything seemed fine so I let it go. I'm pretty clumsy so I drop it often. However, in the morning I noticed that the phone was charging really slow, like 5% in an hour. My sister gave me her charger and it slightly improved. It was still charging incredibly slow but faster than before. I left it to charge overnight and it was 100% in the morning. But the battery drained in maximum an hour. Ever since I hardly touched it and I mostly had it plugged in and charging. I used my old usb cable again tonight and for some reason it started charging a little bit faster. But then I received some messages. I expected it to stop charging and start losing battery life becausd that's what it has done for the past days. From 34% it went to 35%. I opened a game and it started to lose battery life. I now have 12% and I haven't unplugged since I had 34%. I've heard that I shouldn't use my phone while charging it but I've always used it and it's the first time that I'm having problems.
I really don't know what to do. I'm not good at this. I thought that it might be the baterry since both chargers didn't do much. Or could it be because of my charging port? Please help me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery life draining

Welcome to Android Central! It sounds more like a battery issue. The dropped charger might have been coincidental. Try a new battery.