Why is my battery drains so fast without even using it?

loveleighn

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi :) I have an Android 4.4 Tablet, and it always drains since I wasn't using it a lot. So I checked the BATTERY USAGE, and the SCREEN has 63%, and the rest only 2-10%. I don't understand why because I always keep it on 0% brightness and I wasn't always using it. PLEASE HELP!!!! :(

Naxow

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
you could enable battery save mode, reduce your screen timeout length and change your background screen to black or something that doesn't consume too much resources.

Usually updating to a new firmware can make your phone use more resources than what it was designed for. (for example from jellybean to kitkat)

Also if your battery is old and you have used your phone quite a lot your battery lifetime and efficiency is affected.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which tablet is it? Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Last edited:

Gal-s5

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I got my phone yesterday. Samsung Galaxy S5 (sm-g900v) Android Version 5.0
It's battery is draining fast since I started using it. There were no downloaded apps initially like facebook , whatsapp, skype etc.
Only basic looking through the phone dropped the battery significantly.
When I checked settings > battery , it showed no culprit app that were eating up the charge. Confused :/

Tried:
Factory reset once
Wiped cache/ partition once
Downloaded several battery saving apps
Adjust brightness , changed the launcher to nova, disabled all amazon and verizon apps and samsung apps.
Airplane mode since yesterday . No sim in this phone right now
Charged 2 times from <20% battery to 100%

Cant post screen shots
Battery status
85% battery and approx 4 hours left
Although I just charged phone to 100% and after 15 mins battery down to 85%

Usage since last charged
Screen 1%
android system 1%

Then how it drained to 85% in 15 mins :( with minimum usage.
i was just killing apps in meanwhile