Why is my battery draining so fast?

A

AC Question

last night before going to sleep my phone was at about 35%. When i wake up it is at 5%. I checked battery which is showing that wifi is on and phone is awake the whole time. here's the thing, i turned off my wifi before going to bed and i am sure of it, as i just turned it on a few minutes ago to post this. what is keeping my phone awake? and how to check this? i recently updated to 6.0 and the problem started after that. never had this problem before in lollipop. also, no new apps were installed after the update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Also, go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap Menu>Advanced, and make sure any option to Keep Scanning On is turned off.

Raktim Pal1

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
ok. i'll post the required screenshots later. thanks for answering. and yes, the option in wifi "keep wifi on during sleep" was turned on. thanks for that as well.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's not the setting I had in mind--it's the one that talks about allowing the phone to scan for wi-fi, even when wi-fi is turned off. Not all phones have this setting, which is why I was asking which phone you have.