Why does my battery drain so fast?

A

AC Question

battery drains so fast

am using galaxy s4 lollipop , since it updated, the battery drains fast, can anyone help me plz?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: battery drains so fast

What do your battery stats indicate at the end of the day? Quite possibly, Android System or similar will be high, as the new OS settles in.

A Cache Partition wipe may also be helpful.

Posted via the Android Central App

khadar114

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site

am using galaxy s4 lollipop , since it updated months back, my battery drains fast..
sometimes when the % of battery reaches 35% my mobile switchs off

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
battery drains so fast

Welcome as a new member. :)

It may be that the update and the battery problem are no more than coincidental. Have you considered a new battery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! I agree, the battery might be failing. Does this happen with a new or different battery?

It would help to see some battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That doesn't include all of the screenshots I had suggested--can you show those? Also, why is there a slight increase in the battery level early on? Did you charge up at one point? Make sure you show us the stats after discharging from 100% to around 20-30%, without charging in between.

khadar114

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site

i have recharged till 100%, n i have used it normally bur when it reaches 30% , mobile switchs off automatically, when i switch on it says battery low ith 0% of battery,,, i can show battery status above 35% not below that

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Ok, then use it down to about 40%. What about my other questions?

veritas_vincit

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site

Great suggestions. Also, there are processes running that can be disabled. Knowing those can help increase battery life. I don't use Samsung, but usually these processes are tied to the bloatware or unnecessary apps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Does that account for only about 2 hours? How long was the screen on for? Looks like half of that or less. That is pretty lousy.

Try calibrating the battery monitor software. Charge to 100%, then use it until it shuts off. Charge back up to 100%, and repeat this cycle about 3 times. See if things get back to normal.

khadar114

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site

yes , i have used for two hours ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when i tried to calibrate the battery , it says u have to root ur device ,,,,

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Charge to 100%, then use it until it shuts off. Charge back up to 100%, and repeat this cycle about 3 times. See if things get back to normal.

Follow B. Diddy's method as described above....that does not require root. It's simply a way of charging which will calibrate the battery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12