Why is my battery draining over night?

A

AC Question

Suddenly, Battery drained overnight

The Alcatel A564C that I have has been working fine and sometimes I leave it on for days and nights with little battery use. This morning I could not even turn it on without plugging it into the charger.

Looking at the battery management, it shows that the phone went from 100% to 1% in 12 1/2 hours. This is with wifi, data, gps all shut off, and no usage.

This morning Data Connection was turned on altho I turned everything off when we went into a movie, and turned the phone on when I got home. Turned on wifi, and data connection was NOT on then. I turned off wifi and went to bed.

Now that the battery is 100%, the screen shows Cell standby 33%, phone idle 33%, media server 17% (how do I shut off or find whatever is being use to make this register?), com.android.systemui 17%, and wifi shows 2% even tho it is not on.

Disconnecting the charger, battery management shows Android System 41%, Screen 37% (screen setting Auto), Cell standby 20%

I'm going to leave everything as it is today (phone on) to see what happens to the battery history, but the only thing I can think of that I did differently yesterday was I opened the Device Manager to see what it was, and I assume it is still what? active? I thought this was an app that sits idle until you have to use it to find or lock your lost phone? It seems that uninstalling it defeats the purpose. Of course, this could just be a red herring/coincidence - I'm not experienced enough to know.

Any chance that someone is expert enough to explain what I'm ignorant about? (Well, just about this cell phone. The rest of my ignorance would take a lifetime to deal with.)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Suddenly, Battery drained overnight

Welcome to the forums. It's possible that one of the apps was just stuck. It happens sometimes. Now that you have fully recharged, I would do a reboot so you have a fresh starting point.

GomerFackworth

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site

That brings up another question: Is it better to reboot often (daily or every couple of days) or doesn't that matter?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

That brings up another question: Is it better to reboot often (daily or every couple of days) or doesn't that matter?

In my own experience, it doesn't seem to matter. If something goes south quick, like in this situation, one of the first things to try is a reboot. It's the least invasive, doesn't set you back anything other than the few minutes to go through the whole process, as opposed to a reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy