Ok, so I've been getting real tired of the stupid battery drains. I have a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE. Thing is still running fine, even after I've owned it for more than 3 years (or whenever it came out). As soon as I got my hands on it, I knew how to save battery. Disable sync, unwanted apps, turn off data when not in use, GPS, etc. etc. I have rooted it over a year ago. Deleted all those unnecessary apps and such. Before the root, I was (and still am) at Android 4.3. About a year ago i started using the GoLauncher for some nice themes and such. All is well. Starting about a month ago, I noticed my phone is draining fast. I do know that when you are in an area with poor signal, the phone tends to drain faster because it is constantly searching for signal (which is quite stupid), but ok, fine, I learned to live with that aspect. Unfortunately, usually after I come out of a no-signal zone, my phone is starting to drain battery. Sometimes (even in full signal zones), I feel it getting warm, and the battery just goes. I mean, 20% flies in about half an hour to an hour on standby mode w/ everything turned off (i.e. no data, etc.). Idk why... I occasionally clear my RAM from the task manager, and I keep stuff monitored. My only guess is that some app somewhere is eating all my battery. I searched the battery usage, and the top of the list is screen, Android system, idle, but no signs of overusage from any app. What is going on?
    11-30-2015 04:38 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you come out of the no-signal area, is signal still weak? Poor signal can still cause drain, not just lack of signal.

Also, is this still the original battery? 3 years is pretty old for a battery, even with careful usage. Have you tried a different battery?
    12-01-2015 03:04 PM
    yes, sry for late reply, I'm still on the old battery. The battery life seems normal to me, but once in a while that weird thing happens. Like, this past sunday, I had to use my GPS/navigation and internet to look for an address and drive to it... the battery drained only 10% in a matter of 15 minutes... with all 3 turned on... and then when my above situation happens, I'm losing the same amount of battery with everything turned off.

And I'm not sure about the signal, but I don't think it remains weak.
    12-07-2015 09:04 PM