Why is my battery life inaccurate?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. I bought it brand new when it first came out (was rather upset I couldnt get a White 64GB like I wanted)

Recently, Id say the last two weeks, I have had 3 separate cases where Im sure the battery life is completely inaccurate.

First case - The phone died on me, I plugged it in, brushed my teeth (3 mins maybe) and came into the bedroom and the phone showed it had 45% on it! I was like whoa thats not right... But, I left it on the charger and went to bed. Woke up next day, no problems.
Second case - While surfing Facebook, my battery life went from 82% to 47% within moments, the battery menu showed a straight edge drop down... and I reset the phone and suddenly it has 92% battery? Ok this is getting weird...
Latest occurrence - Tonight, my text messages werent sending, and so I reset the phone and when it turned back on it was at 9% battery life... it had just been at 49% before it reset...

So... what gives? I feel like Ive done everything right to this phone, always been in a case, screen protector since day one. Not a single mark, never been dropped or exposed to water (besides mist from rain)... I havent brought the phone into Verizon yet because they will just offer to give me a reman... sure its a replacement, but a reman phone is cheaper than a brand new one for a reason, I bought a brand new one, I expect a brand new one if my other one fails, thats beside the point... Anyone have this issue before?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. :)

It could simply be that the battery is duff. That sometimes happens even with new devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad