Why is my battery not lasting?

jackjoe1234

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I've got a Samsung Note 4, 32gb, I got a memory card that's 32 GB too. They're more or less full, not sure if that makes a difference, but the battery drains extremely fast when under moderate use. It'll go from 100 to 60, then 60 to 29 and then dead. It gets quite warm too, could an app cause this? How can I find out?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings -> Battery and see which apps are at the top of the battery drain list. Report back here and post a screenshot if possible.

jackjoe1234

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Battery still dropping. Phone is updated, I charged it. The time it took me to come on here and write this post, with Spotify, I'm on 79%*

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Also uninstall any "Battery saver" or "RAM cleaner" apps - they just kill your battery. And when charging, let it hit 100%, then keep charging it for about 30 minutes. (When it first says 100%, it's actually at about 98% - that's the closest we can get until someone develops a tiny chemical lab that can be put inside the battery to determine State of Charge - we measure the voltage of the battery, and with the charger connected, the voltage is a bit higher than without the charger, so it indicates 100% before it actually gets there.)