Why is my phone draining its battery so fast?

A

AC Question

A few days ago, I got a new phone as a surprise gift from my parents, but I already discovered some problems. The battery is mainly one of my concerns, since every two minutes it loses a percent. On my old phone, this wasn't a problem since I kept the brightness to the lowest, and since it was a 3G phone I didn't have much trouble with wifi. Since my new ones 4G, I think part of its because of it looking for a signal. I tried closing apps I don't use, but no avail. I was wondering if there is any tips on how I could make my phone live longer? Thanks! Also, I'm not exactly sure what my phone is, but I think it's blu 8.0 mega.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings/General/Battery. Tap the graph and look at the bottom, at the mobile signal. Is that solid green? If not, your carrier doesn't have a good signal where you are, and that costs battery. (Which is why, when choosing a cellphone, the first thing to determine is which carrier covers the areas you use.)

If that's okay, go back to the previous page and see which apps are using the most power. (Create a free account here, take screen shots of both pages a few hours after removing the phone from the charger, and post them here in this thread - see How To Post Screenshots on Android Central.)

Also - NEVER discharge any lithium battery lower than 40% - they're not designed for deep-discharge. (There are deep-discharege lithium batteries, but they cost more than cellphones.) If you need more time on the battery, buy a power bank - I always carry one of these - [Review] - Coocheer® 7500mAh Rugged Water Resistant Power Bank - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - with me if I may need power when I'm not near an outlet. (Don't discharge the power bank below 40% either.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish