S6 Battery conditioning?

roshart

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
S6 Battery conditioning

I have had my Samsung Galaxy S6 for three weeks now and have only just discovered that the battery should have been "conditioned" from the outset. Is it worth going through the process now, having just done the initial charge plus 30mins at the start. I haven't let it run down three times - has the level already been set now? I am amazed that no-one tells you this when you buy a relatively expensive piece of equipment for which you cannot replace the battery yourself!! Thanks in anticipation.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: S6 Battery conditioning

Unless the battery was sitting on the shelf for months before Samsung got it, it doesn't need conditioning (although I still condition all new batteries - it doesn't hurt).

There's no "set level" if you don't condition it, it will just take longer to give you full performance if you charge it fully + 30, then recharge it before it hits 40% after that. Maybe 6-10 charges before you'll get the full amount of time from full to 40%. After than it makes no difference. (If the battery is a couple of months old or less when you get the phone, it makes no difference at all.)