Whenever I plug in the charger that came with my samsung galaxy s6 active it displays that it is charging but it does not charge in fact the device will actually lose battery while plugged in. However, when I plug it into one of my parents older phones, which are not even smart phones, it charges them normally. So, I bought a less expensive charger with less output from a gas station and it charges the phone, albiet slower that what the factory charger would. What is the problem?

Note: my parents have used my charger on their old phones before, so I suspect that the charger may somehow be stuck at their power
    02-10-2016 09:34 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you plugging your S6 Active into a wall outlet or your computer USB port? The latter usually gives much less current, so if you're using the phone actively while charging, the battery may still drain.

It shouldn't matter if your parents used your phone's charger in the past.
    02-10-2016 09:48 PM
    Yes, I am plugging the charger into a wall outlet.
    02-10-2016 10:14 PM
    At this point, I would try a replacement OEM Samsung cable and/or charging plug. It's possible that something in the wiring is faulty that prevents the phone from charging quickly. Your parents' dumbphones probably have a smaller battery and no quick charging capability, so it may seem like they charge up faster.
    02-10-2016 10:57 PM